How To Be Safe Online And IRL
In this third part of the series coque iphone 6 luxewood on internet safety, VPNMentor shares tips and advice on how to stay safe while using online dating apps and platforms. This new way of meeting people and engaging in relationships has its own safety pitfalls, coque iphone 6 ricard but there are ways in which you can protect yourself.
IRL (In Real Life) AttacksObviously, attacks on women don’t just happen coque samsung a6 online. Often, attacks spill over coque iphone 6s cool to the coque iphone 6s carte bleu real world, with perpetrators using technology to help them stalk and abuse their victims. In fact, a survey of victim aid providers revealed that 79% dealt with victims who had been surveilled using social media.
Sometimes perpetrators are people we know, likea controlling partner. Other times,attacks are crimes of opportunity, like coque iphone 6s marque stealing a cell phone, or taking advantage of someone who’s simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.
In any case, from giving a friend the heads up as to where you’ll be, to encrypting the data on your mobile devices, and keeping your coque iphone 6 l’atelier de roxane passwords secure, belkin coque iphone 7 there are precautions you can take to keep yourself safe.
How to Safely Use a Ridesharing App
Back in 2014, a woman in New Delhi was raped by coque samsung j5 her ride sharing app driver. After it was revealed that the driver had a decade long criminal record that included sexual assault, some were calling for the ridesharing app to be banned altogether.
After a slew of bad press, the ride sharing company now has a new CEO at the reigns. And it looks like the company is finally ready to take passenger safety seriously by rolling out some new initiatives.
The main one that has already been implemented allows you to share your ride with up to five trusted contacts. This meansyour friends can follow along during your trip and see that you arrived at your destination. If you want, you can also set the trusted contacts feature so that it’s only enabled for nighttime rides.
Trusted contacts allows you to send your route and estimated time of arrival to a friend. These messages include the car’s make and model, the license plate number, and a photo of the driver.
Other companies also have a 911 feature in the works that will allow you to call emergency services with coque iphone 7 vintage a click of a button, and which coque samsung s10 automatically provides them with your location in real time. Other initiatives include driver background checks and scans of new DUI and criminal offenses that can be checked against their list of drivers.
In the meantime, here are a few steps you can take yourself in order to stay safe.
5 Ways to Protect Yourself While Using a Ridesharing App1. Make Sure You’re Getting into the Right CarBefore hitting the road, check the car’s license plate, make and model, and the driver’s name and photo to make sure coque iphone 6 meme que 6s everything matches up.
2. Don’t Let Your Driver Know if Your Pick up Point or Destination is Your Home or Place of WorkIn fact, if it is, you might want to make a little small talk so you can slip in a white lie to make him coque iphone 6 imprimé think coque iphone 7 pour 8 otherwise. coque samsung a8 For instance, if he asks how you’re doing, you can say “great, excited to be going out to meet friends.” Another option is to give a nearby location as your destination, rather than your exact address, coque iphone 6 plus panda and walk an extra block.
3. Check the Driver’s ReviewsOne nice feature of ridesharing apps is they allow riders to rate their drivers. If yours has bad reviews, cancel the ride and call another one. To keep from having to wait too long, have a couple of apps already installed on your phone so you can use the one that’ll most quickly get you a reputable driver.
4. Track Your RouteIf you’re familiar with the area you’re traveling in, you’ll notice if the driver is going the wrong way. But if you don’t, open the map app on your phone and track your route to make sure you’re headed toward the destination you requested. If the route looks strange, speak up.
5. Screw that.
4 Ways to Protect Your Phone If It Gets Lost or StolenFor many of us, it’s as if our whole lives are on our phones. Our phones contain our contacts, our marque coque iphone 6s coque samsung s6 photos, and the apps we use to navigate, keep up with the news, organize our work and personal schedules, and stay connected with friends and family; it’s a lot of personal information we don’t want in the hands of some stranger. So, what to if your phone gets lost or stolen Fortunately, there are a few simple steps you can take to protect yourself if your phone gets lost or stolen.
1. Password Protect Your PhoneIn order to keep someone from immediately gaining access to the contents of your phone once it’s in their possession, it’s best to already have a password set.
The exact way to set a password will vary depending on your device, but for an Android, you’ll probably have to go to Settings>Security>Screen lock type. Here you can choose to unlock your phone by using a pattern, pin, or password.
A password is the most secure option, but it’s also the most annoying to have to input every time you want to glance at your Facebook notifications. You might also have the option to set your phone so it will only open with your fingerprint.
Another cool feature is the smart lock. your home), or if you’re near other trusted devices. Some phones will even give you voice créer sa coque iphone 8 and facial recognition options.
2. Locate Your PhoneOne of the great things about having a GPS on your phone is that if it goes missing, you can track where it is. However,in order for this feature to work, you need to set it up in advance.
If you have an Android, you have a couple of options. Some devices, like Samsung, have this feature built in although in order to access it you have to create a Samsung account. This app works the same way as Samsung’sand only requires you to have a Google account. Plus, if you’ve just misplaced your phone somewhere around the house, it has the ability to make it ring, even if your phone is set to silent. From there you’ll also be able to reset your phone’s password.
Bear in mind, however, that if you have an Android,you’ll only be able to locate your device if your location services are enabled and you’re connected to the internet. A smart thief will know to disable those functions so you can’t track where he and your phone are.
If you have an iPhone, you’ll need to download the Find coque iphone 7 plus a personnaliser My iPhone app.
There you can also put your phone into Lost Mode, which will lock it. Lost Model also lets you set a message to the locked screen, so if your phone is simply lost, you can write something like, “Lost phone. Please call 212 555 1234 to return.” Or, if you know your phone has been stolen, you can write something like, “You suck.”
Bear in mind that when you do this, since all your personal accounts will be deleted,you lose your ability to track your coque iphone 6 club de foot phone remotely.
That said, your phone could still be getting service from your wireless carrier, meaning whoever has it could be making calls from your number and using your data plan. To cut them off,call your service provider and let them know your phone has been stolen…